Our Board of Directors
James P. Daley
Vice President, Administration
Alastair C. Torrance
New South Wales, Australia
Vice President, Technical
J. Smith & Associates, LLC
John W. Eloranta (Jack)
Eloranta & Associates Inc.
Doug O. Hoy
J. Winston Forde
Goal: To recommend a recipient for an Annual Award of Merit and other awards and to function as a mechanism for administration of these awards, which it believes promote the objectives of the society. Executive Liaison: Alastair Torrance; Chair: Janeen Smith
Blasters’ Training and Education Committee
Goal: To promote training for the benefit of members and others who apply scientific principals and techniques as they pertain to the use, handling, manufacture, transportation and storage of explosives. Executive Liaison: John Watson; Chair: Kurt Oakes; Vice Chair Kristen Kolden
Conference Advisory Committee
Goal: An ad hoc committee developed to serve as a liaison for members to discuss suggestions for changes to the annual conference related to the non-technical activities and make recommendations to the executive director and the board of directors. Executive Liaison: Braden Lusk; Chair: Mark Dean
Conference Program Committee
Goal: To plan and organize the program of technical presentations at the annual conference. Executive Liaison: Braden Lusk; Chair: Doug Hoy; Vice Chair: Catherine Johnson
Goal: To monitor and propose changes to the organization’s key governance documents. Executive Liaison: Alastair Torrance; Chair: John Watson
Goal: To be a sounding board for ethics concerns from members and to implement a monitoring system to handle inquires. Chair: Alastair Torrance
Explosives Security; Government Affairs and Transportation; Technical, Safety, and Environment Committee
Goal: To review standards and regulations regarding the security of explosives in the industry. Executive Liaison: John Watson; Chair: William Reisz
Executive Liaison: Janeen Smith; Chair: Ric Hosley
Foundation Scholarship Committee
Goal: To support the education goals of the SEE Education Foundation. Scholarships are awarded to applicants who meet the following: Currently pursuing technical undergraduate, graduate or doctorate degrees in fields of education related to the commercial explosives industry; Must have completed at least one year of an accredited post secondary program; Able to demonstrate financial need. Executive Liaison: Jack Eloranta; Chair: Travis Davidsavor
Goal: To implement the promotion of international relations and affiliations with organizations in the explosives field and related industries. Executive Liaison: Jim Daley; Chair: Simon Tose
ISEE Standards Committee
Goal: To develop and maintain standards consistent with the policies established by the board of directors. Executive Liaison: Doug Hoy; Chair: Ken Eltschlager
Membership and Chapter Development Committee
Goal: To promote membership in the society and make recommendations in the interest of members and ISEE. Executive Liaison: Jim Daley; Chair: Daniel Leach
Goal: To monitor and recruit candidates for the board of directors with a focus on strategic planning and resource needs for the governance of the organization. Executive Liaison: Alastair Torrance; Chair: Jack Eloranta
Goal: To consider the long-range objectives for the society to determine the effectiveness with which the organization’s objectives are being met. Executive Liaison: Alastair Torrance; Chair: Braden Lusk
Public Education and Public Relations Committee
Goal: To make recommendations regarding society activities that focus on raising public awareness, understanding and appreciation of the explosives industry. Executive Liaison: Daniel Leach; Chair: Tristan Worsey
Goal: To review and recommend to the board of directors the policy to be established respecting the technical content of the official publication of the society (Journal of Explosives Engineering). Executive Liaison: Jack Eloranta; Chair: William Reisz
- To conduct a meeting at the ISEE annual meeting; to form work groups within the section to examine drilling issues.
- To develop standards for drilling practices.
- To exchange information about drilling through the Journal of Explosives Engineering and the ISEE website.
- To submit papers on drilling safety, controls accuracy and new technologies for a drilling session at the annual conference.
Chair: Jim Peterson; Executive Liaison: Bill Hissem
- To conduct a meeting at the ISEE annual meeting.
- To form work groups within the section to examine seismograph issues.
- To develop standards for seismograph use.
- To exchange information about the blast vibration field through the Journal of Explosives Engineering and the ISEE website.
- To establish standards for seismograph equipment calibrations, standard protocol for testing and performance and user guidelines.
Chair: Kristin Kolden; Vice Chair: Doug Hoy
- To organize the International Symposium on Rock Fragmentation by Blasting
- To develop and produce the Blasting & Fragmentation Journal with papers focusing primarily in the area of fragmentation by blasting from scientists and engineers from around the world.
Chair: Jose Sanchidrian; Executive Liaison: Daniel Johansson
Emerging Professionals Section
- Grow new industry professionals’ involvement in the society by engaging, retaining, and mentoring new members through providing professional networking opportunities and guidance.
Chair: Mike Allen