The ISEE Conference Program Committee is issuing an industry wide Call for Papers to be presented at the 46th Annual Conference and published in the Conference Proceedings. Here’s your chance to share your techniques, strategies, solutions, product innovations and research discoveries with your peers.
Ideas should be submitted in the form of a 200-400 word abstract (summary) highlighting the major points of your 8-10 page paper. Papers may not be commercial in nature. It should be written so that it makes sense standing on its own and should cover the work done, recommendations made, conclusions drawn as a result of the project, case or study.
Abstracts must be submitted using this submission site by May 31, 2019. Chapter sponsored abstracts/papers must be submitted by the deadline.
- Blasting Safety and Explosives Security
- Environmental Improvement
- Drill to Mill Optimization
- Quarry Blasting
- Digital Imaging and Analysis
- Blast Vibration and Seismology
- Cast Blasting and Open Pit
- Construction Blasting
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS)
- Blasting and Explosives Research
- Fragmentation Modeling/Measurement
- Case Histories: Problems and Solutions
- Risk Assessment/Legal
- Close Proximity Blasting
- Demolition Blasting
- Underwater Blasting
- Underground Blasting
- Electronic Detonators
- Explosives for Oil Extraction
- Blast Design
- Public and Media Relations
- Driller/Blaster Communication
- Basic Drilling Practices
Peer Review Process
Abstracts are considered by a committee of explosives industry professionals using a blind review process. The committee will determine the paper’s relevance and substance based on the following criteria:
- Purpose and reason for work
- Quality and quantity of data
- Experimental procedures
- Application to industry
- Conclusions based on data presented
Selection and Acceptance
Abstracts will be used only for tentative selection. Final selection and acceptance is based on the completed paper submitted on time.
Detailed instructions regarding paper format and presentation requirements will be posted on the submission site after you receive the notification of abstract acceptance.
The program committee will assign each paper to a session upon acceptance of the completed paper. The paper will be assigned to a technical session or Blasters Forum Poster Session. Authors will have the option to present in both. (Space is limited.)
Papers must be submitted and presented in English, the official language of the conference.
Notification of acceptance or rejection of abstracts will be sent by June 15, 2019.
- May 15, 2019 New Deadline: May 31, 2019
- Last day for submission of abstracts.
- June 24, 2019
- Notification of abstract acceptance.
- August 15, 2019
- Last day for submission of completed paper.
- November 1, 2019
- Notification of final paper acceptance.
- November 29, 2019
- Conference registration deadline for authors.
- January 26-29, 2020
- Annual Conference - presentation of papers.